Friday, February 21, 2014

Inital Topic Idea

My initial research interest is in stress among college students. After working on the Analytic Essay, I found the connections between privatization and stress to be undeniable and very intriguing. I would like to examine questions like what causes stress in college students? And, what resources are available to these students to manage their stress? While thinking about this research topic I also found myself wondering what factors  contributed to stress among college students before privatization and how have stress factors shifted with the implementation of such a concept? Being a currents college student myself, I have found myself overwhelmed with anxiety and stress at times and while, "I'm so stressed!" is a common exclamation to hear on campus, the physical implications for stress are important to be examined when determining whether privatization is really worth it. Is the capital gain worth the sacrifice of an entire generation's mental health?

Last but not least, I think it would be helpful to examine the European model of higher education as I believe it would offer some potential solutions to the predicaments we find ourselves in while funding higher education in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment